The ‘Hollandia’ Biscuit Factory was founded in 1908, and within two years it had relocated to larger premises in Kleve in the Rhineland. In 1930 it was renamed XOX Biscuit Factory GmbH.
For the next forty years or so, the factory produced biscuits, waffles, cheese and savoury biscuits, rusks, sweets and toffees, and in 1970 the company was sold to Nabisco (National Biscuits Company). In 1977, Nabisco closed the Kleve plant.
In 1989, a company called Vogeley, purchased the XOX brand from Nabisco, but it remained unused until 1998 when Edmund E. Besecke purchased the brand off of them.
Besecke opened a small operation in Weser, with just three staff. The brand was relaunched with XOX Pastries. It did not take long, with the help of manufacturing partners, to take twenty products under the XOX branding to market.
In 2004, Dutch company Snack Vision was closed. XOX purchased the production plant and salty and sweet snacks were produced in house for the first time. The plant was relocated to Hamelin the following year.
Within four years the company had 32,000 square metres of land, upon which an 8,000 square metre production and storage facility took care of 60% of the company's 80 products and 60 employees. There was also a 600 square metre office building. This has expanded since and continues to expand to this day.
Address: Am Hastebach 8, 31789 Hameln, Germany
Phone: +49 5151 1073350
XOX Potato Chips Reviews