In 1968, Pfeifer & Langen, a Cologne based company, began production of Potato Chips under the brand name Chipsfrisch.
The growth in the sales of Potato Chips was exponential during the post Second World War years, and the first German made Chips were by Chio in 1962.
In 1977, the company that owned Chipsfrisch joined forces with Chio to form the Convent Gruppe.
The addition of the companies Wolfsbergstrasse and Trüller to the Convent Group in 1995 led to the establishment of Inter - Knabber pastries GmbH & Co. KG.
A variety of further mergers, acquisitions, partnership arrangements and company branding and name changes followed and today Chio is part of the Intersnack umbrella of companies.
Address: Snack und Geback GmbH, Aachener Str. 1042, 50858 Koln, Germany
Funny-Frisch Potato Chips