Address: Hermann Gebauer Strasse 1, A-1220 Vienna, Austria
Phone: +43 5 707 890
Website: www.kellys.at, www.intersnackgroup.com
In 1955, former US Army Major Howard Morse Kelly and Austrian Herbert Rast established the "First American Popcorn Company". In its first year the company made 80,000 Shillings.
After continued growth, ten years later the company was renamed Kelly Ges.m.b.H.
Another ten years on and the company was rapidly growing into one of Austria’s largest food companies. It acquired the Hollabrunner chip production factory.
A further decade on and the company acquired the Feldbach biscuit bakery and produce factory, which was at that time the largest baking line for Pretzels (Soletti) in Europe. The company also purchased its own nut processing factory.
The company owners handed the management of the company to Dr. Wolfgang Hötschl. Expansion plans accelerated and in 1997 the company opened a logistics and administrative centre on a 58,000 square metre site in the northern industrial centre of Vienna. The plan was for this facility to operate as a hub for Austria and its neighbouring countries.
The Potato Chips plant was moved from Hollabrunn Donaustädter to Vienna in 2003. Another Chips factory was opened in Bosnia two years later.
In 2008, the company accepted an offer by the European network Intersnack of a reputed 84 million Euro, and subsequently became responsible for Austria, Slovenia, Adriatic, Italy and Switzerland as its operating region.